Dispute resolution practice is one of the main activities of Ost Legal. For over than 15 years our lawyers are being involved in complex disputes across Russia.
Ost Legal team successfully representing Russian and foreign clients in courts of General jurisdiction and arbitration courts of all instances, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation. The scope of our practice also includes defending clients in courts and arbitration proceedings under the rules of leading international arbitral institutions.
Special attention deserves the experience of our lawyers in the resolution of disputes in the field of energy and construction. Often, these disputes are not in state courts, and are considered by arbitration courts or in international commercial arbitrations. Ost Legal was accompanied by consideration of such specialised disputes in the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, ICAC, the Arbitration court for resolution of economic disputes at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
Ost Legal services include pre-advising and representing clients in most types of disputes, including:
• commercial disputes (including those related to conclusion, performance, amendment and termination of transactions, by challenging their validity or the fact of conclusion; disputes related to the collateral, including foreclosure on the mortgaged property)
• corporate disputes
• disputes in the sphere of electricity and heat (including disputes related to tariff regulation)
• disputes in the field of real estate and construction
• disputes in the field of environmental and technical regulation
• competition disputes
• disputes within insolvency procedures (bankruptcy)
• tax disputes
• disputes relating to the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards
• representing clients at the stage of enforcement proceedings
Experience: Vladimir Lipavsky advised and represented clients' interests on more than 50 largest projects in the fields of power industry, oil and gas processing, petrochemistry, microelectronics, civil construction. Vladimir is the author of a number of articles and legal opinions concerning legal regulation of industrial construction and power.
Among recent Vladimir's projects are:
- preparation of legal position and representation of interests of M+W Germany GMBH (the international contractor with headquarters in Germany) on court proceedings on the customer's claim for penalty on the basis of EPC(M) contract for total amount over 1 000 000 000 rubles;
- representation of interests of CJSC Nizhnevartovskaya GRES, the client, in the claim to the contractor for application of the responsibility measures provided by the EPC contract in the arbitration court for resolution of economic disputes at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and also representation of the client's interests during presentation of the requirement for the bank guarantee;
- representation of interests of the contractor in arbitration court on the Federal grid company claim for collecting penalties for the contract of project works implementation (total amount of the requirements – over 50 000 000 rubles);
- consultation of JSC E.ON Russia during pre-judicial arbitration with EPC-contractors at construction of power units on Shaturskaya GRES and Surgut-1 Power Station.
Vladimir's Legal experience is more than 15 years.
Specialization: Vladimir specializes on energy, industrial engineering, international financing (including project financing), international trade, litigation and arbitration. Languages: English.
Education: Has graduated from the Russian School of Private Law under the President of Russian Federation (Institute), Moscow. Has studied at Far-Eastern State University. Juridical institute. International Law Faculty. Vladivostok, Russia; Master of Private Law.
Experience: Before joining Ost Legal Anna Kozhushko worked in reputable international and Russian law firms: Clifford Chance and Magisters.
Specialization: Anna spesializes on real estate, construction, corporate law, litigation and arbitration.
Education: Has graduated from the Moscow State Academy of Law, Law Faculty. Languages: English.
Partner, Head of dispute resolution practice
Experience: He has over 15 years' experience representing Russian and foreign clients in sophisticated complex litigation and arbitration cases. Companies represented by Vadim include RUSAL, COALCO, Basic Element, Sibisrky Cement, Akmenes cementas, Sevmash, Rusenergosbyt, Rusenergoresurs, Tyumenenergo, Kurganenergo, Mosgortrans, State Unitary Enterprise of the Ministry of Foreogn Affairs of the Russian Federation and others.
Vadim was a partner at Egorov Kryazhevskyh & Partners Law Offices, leaded an energy practice and was a senior associate at the dispute resolution practice of Egorov Afanasiev Puginsky & Partners (EPAM), and headed law departments of Tyumenenergo and Urals Energy Management Company.
Spesialization: Vadim specializes in litigation and arbitration, as well as in electric power regulation. Vadim heads the Ost Legal dispute resolution practice and consults on electric power regulation and industrial construction issues.
Education: Vadim graduated from the Law Department of the Bashkir State University. He speaks English.