The firm’s practice "International Trade and Investments" is aimed at assisting Russian companies involved in international commerce, and foreign companies doing business in Russia. Over the years Ost Legal lawyers have accumulated and systemized significant experience in drafting and negotiating various types of international contracts.
The term "international contract" or "foreign economic agreement" can include supply contracts, agency and distribution agreements, contractor agreements, and other types of contracts. Thus, the firm's services include advice in the selection of optimal model and structure of an international contract to serve the interests of a particular deal in the best way. Ost Legal experts have advised clients both on comparatively small international contracts and on largest international projects worth over $100 million.
The firm prepares international contracts with parallel texts in Russian and English. In addition to this, in cases where the preferred text of the contract in Russian is available, we provide high-quality translation of this contract into English. If the contract is under the jurisdiction of other than the Russian law, the firm can provide advice and drafting of the international contract in accordance with the other country’s law, relying on the assistance of the partner law firms from the ILF international network.
In the field of international trade and investments Ost Legal provides the following services:
- Drafting and review of international business contracts (sale and purchase, supply, agency, distribution, franchising, license).
- Negotiating with foreign partners (in English as well).
- Legal support and advising on execution of contracts, including aspects of customs, taxation and currency regulation issues.
- Advising to foreign companies on organization of their business presence in the Russian Federation, accreditation of their branches and representation offices in the Russian Federation.
- Advising in connection with formation of subsidiaries, branch offices, and representative offices of Russian companies abroad.
- Advising on application of basic foreign jurisdictions laws (England, USA) - with the assistance of partner companies from ILF network.
- Legal support of international projects.
- Dispute resolution with participation of foreign contractors.
Experience: Before joining Ost Legal Anna Kozhushko worked in reputable international and Russian law firms: Clifford Chance and Magisters.
Specialization: Anna spesializes on real estate, construction, corporate law, litigation and arbitration.
Education: Has graduated from the Moscow State Academy of Law, Law Faculty. Languages: English.