Ost Legal is the winner of the Corporate International Magazine 2011 Global Award "Construction Law Firm of the Year in Russia".
One of our strongest practices is advising in connection with construction of industrial and infrastructure works. The firm provides legal advice on every stage of the construction project, from preparing tender and contract documentation up to on-going advising on the implementation phase of construction projects, as well as dispute resolution during the warranty period and after its expiration. We have provided legal support for more than 50 projects within 11 years. We managed to create a unique team of experts, each of them having extensive experience of working on largest construction projects. Ost Legal has extensive experience in resolving all sorts of disputes between customers, contractors, subcontractors, equipment suppliers, etc.
The firm’s lawyers have dealt with drafting of construction contracts and advising on construction projects with foreign companies, including European and the CIS countries. Over the past five years Ost Legal participated in the preparation and legal support of EPC, EPCM, PMC and other types of construction contracts for more than 30 projects worth up to $ 2 billion in such industries as: electric power industry, gas production and processing, oil refining and petrochemicals, microelectronics and nanotechnologies, metallurgy, food industry, mining. While preparing construction contracts we use above all our own developments, although we have significant experience of working with forms of well-known international organizations (FIDIC). All Ost Legal experts are fluent in foreign languages, which allows us to develop contract documentation, including EPC and EPCM contracts, both in Russian and English.
In the sphere of industrial engineering Ost Legal provides the following services:
- Advising on structure of a transaction
- Preparing tender documentation
- Drafting and negotiating construction and related contracts: engineering, design, design-build, EPC, EPC(M), balance of the plant, equipment supply, maintenance & operation, owner’s engineer services contracts, etc)
- Adapting and advising on FIDIC contracts
- Advising on financing of construction projects, insurances and security instruments
- Advising on private-public partnership (PPP) projects
- On-going support of the construction projects during implementation phase
- Due diligence
- Litigation and arbitration on construction matters
- Dispute resolution
Experience: Vladimir Lipavsky advised and represented clients' interests on more than 50 largest projects in the fields of power industry, oil and gas processing, petrochemistry, microelectronics, civil construction. Vladimir is the author of a number of articles and legal opinions concerning legal regulation of industrial construction and power.
Among recent Vladimir's projects are:
- preparation of legal position and representation of interests of M+W Germany GMBH (the international contractor with headquarters in Germany) on court proceedings on the customer's claim for penalty on the basis of EPC(M) contract for total amount over 1 000 000 000 rubles;
- representation of interests of CJSC Nizhnevartovskaya GRES, the client, in the claim to the contractor for application of the responsibility measures provided by the EPC contract in the arbitration court for resolution of economic disputes at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and also representation of the client's interests during presentation of the requirement for the bank guarantee;
- representation of interests of the contractor in arbitration court on the Federal grid company claim for collecting penalties for the contract of project works implementation (total amount of the requirements – over 50 000 000 rubles);
- consultation of JSC E.ON Russia during pre-judicial arbitration with EPC-contractors at construction of power units on Shaturskaya GRES and Surgut-1 Power Station.
Vladimir's Legal experience is more than 15 years.
Specialization: Vladimir specializes on energy, industrial engineering, international financing (including project financing), international trade, litigation and arbitration.
Languages: Russian, English.
Education: Graduated from the Russian School of Private Law under the President of Russian Federation (Institute), Moscow. Has studied at Far-Eastern State University. Juridical institute. International Law Faculty. Vladivostok, Russia; Master of Private Law.